Ericsson moves India operation head to sub-Sahara Africa
New Delhi: European telecom equipment maker Ericsson Thursday appointed the chief of its India region, Fredrik Jejdling, as head of the sub-Saharan Africa region.
The company however did not name his successor for Indian operations.
"Fredrik Jejdling is appointed Head of Region sub-Saharan Africa. Jejdling will remain member of the Global Leadership Team (GLT). Fredrik is currently Head of Region India, a successor to Fredrik in his current role will be announced separately," Ericsson said in a statment.
Fredrik was appointed Head of Region India in June 2011.
"Under Fredrik's leadership Ericsson has extended its strong position as the partner of choice for operators set to capture market opportunities as India continues its strong mobile data development," Ericsson President and CEO Hans Vestberg said.
"Sub-Saharan Africa is now facing similar exciting developments and Fredrik will bring his broad experience to further develop Ericsson?s offering and support to the region."
Fredrik succeeds Lars Linden in Sub-Saharan region.
"Lars Lindens new role will also be announced separately," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300