FDA raises concern over drug production process at Cadila
Mumbai: The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has expressed concerns over the manufacturing process of at least one product at drugmaker Cadila Healthcare Ltd`s Moraiya facility, two sources with direct knowledge of the matter said.
The FDA has not expressed concerns over the entire facility, said the sources. The U.S. agency communicated its concern to Cadila in a Form 483, a letter in which the agency typically outlines violations of standard manufacturing practices.
Once the Form 483 is sent, the company has 15 days to respond before the FDA takes any further action.
The FDA inspected the Moraiya plant, based in Gujarat, in the second week of July, one of the sources said.
The sources declined to be named as the information is not public yet. A Cadila spokeswoman declined to comment.
Cadila`s shares dropped as much as 10.5 percent on Thursday and were trading down 5.3 percent to 1,106.50 rupees at 1:01 p.m., while the broader Nifty was down 0.22 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300