Gas allocation priority: Power Min seeks date for IMG meet
New Delhi: Pitching for priority status to power projects on a par with fertilisers for gas allocation, Power Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Wednesday said he is seeking a date for the meeting of high level inter-ministerial panel in this regard.
"I am seeking a date with Defence Minister A K Antony for discussing the change in priority of gas allocation," he told reporters here.
The Power Ministry is seeking equal priority status for power projects with that of fertiliser units in allocation of gas.
At present, gas-based fertiliser plants get top most priority in allocation of scarce natural gas. They are followed by LPG-extraction units with gas-based power plants placed third in the priority list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300