Genpact Q3 net up 2-fold; lowers 2013 revenue guidance
BPO major Genpact has reported over two-fold rise in net income at USD 70.26 million for the third quarter ended September, led by growth in banking and financial services, re-engineering and accounting.
New Delhi: BPO major Genpact has reported over two-fold rise in net income at USD 70.26 million for the third quarter ended September, led by growth in banking and financial services, re-engineering and accounting.
The NYSE-listed firm had posted net income of USD 25.18 million is the July-September quarter in 2012.
Revenues, which were below company's expectations, were up 9 percent at USD 534.89 million from USD 491.16 billion during the quarter under review, Genpact said in a statement last night.
The US-based firm, however, lowered its full 2013 fiscal revenue guidance to USD 2.12-2.13 billion from the earlier USD 2.15-2.20 billion on account of lower than expected revenues.
Genpact raised its adjusted operating income margin to the range of 16.5-16.8 percent from the earlier 15.8-16.3 percent for 2013 helped by slower ramps in front-end and domain expert hiring and delays in large deals that typically require upfront spend.
Genpact President and CEO N V Tyagarajan said: "Revenue growth was below expectations."
Tyagarajan attributed lower-than-expected revenues to the foreign exchange headwinds impacting the firm's non-US dollar revenues more than anticipated, continued reduction in its mortgage originations business related to softness in refinancing volumes in the US and an increase in the value and proportion of large deals in the pipeline.
He said: "Although conversion to revenue in large, transformative deals takes significantly longer, these engagements are where we want to be and where the depth of our operational capabilities and benchmarks add the most value to our clients."
Revenues from global clients grew 12.7 percent over the third quarter of 2012, he said.
BPM revenues from global clients grew by 10.4 percent, led by growth in the insurance, hi-tech, consumer packaged goods, retail and life sciences verticals, Tyagarajan added.
Revenues from global clients represented about 77.9 percent of Genpact's total revenues, USD 416.9 million, with the remaining 22.1 percent or USD 118 million, coming from GE.
Revenues from GE decreased 2.7 percent from the third quarter of 2012, Tyagarajan said.
On outlook, he said: "In order to capture a larger share of this market, we are targeting specific industry verticals, service lines and geographies where our offerings are truly differentiated and our ability to generate business impact is the greatest."
Clients in USD 5-15 million in annual revenue rose to 52 from 42 in the prior year third quarter, USD 15-25 million category clients increased to 13 from 11 and clients in over USD 25 million in yearly revenue rose to 12 from 11, he added.
Genpact had around USD 499 million in cash and cash equivalents and short term deposits as of September 30, 2013.
As of September 30, it had about 62,200 employees globally up from about 60,800 as of September 30, 2012.