GlaxoSmithkline Consumer Q4 Net up 18% at Rs 70 crore
New Delhi: GlaxoSmithkline Consumer Healthcare on Friday reported 17.85 percent rise in net profit at Rs 69.65 crore for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs 59.10 crore in the same period of previous year, GlaxoSmithkline Consumer Healthcare Ltd (GSKCH)said in a filing to the BSE.
Net sales of the company rose to Rs 709.07 crore in the third quarter, compared to Rs 602.05 crore in the corresponding period of 2011-12.
The company's board also recommended a dividend at the rate of Rs 45 per equity share of Rs 10 each for the year ended December 31, 2012.
For the year ended December 31, 2012, the company posted a net profit of Rs 436.77 crore, as against Rs 355.21 crore in 2011.
"...By leveraging our equity in marketing and sales, the company has been recording double digit revenue growths," GSKCH Managing Director Zubair Ahmed said.
He added that company has been able to deliver progressive results due to cost effective solutions and intensive penetration drives across rural and north and west markets.
In a separate filing, the company said its board re-appointed Zubair Ahmed as managing director of the company for the period from June 1, 2013 to May 31, 2017.
Shares of GSKCH today closed at Rs 3,766 on the BSE, down 1.81 percent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20