GMR starts 2 road projects; expects Rs 1 cr/day revenue
Mumbai: GMR Infrastructure Thursday said commercial operations of two its road projects Hyderabad- Vijayawada section of NH9 (National Highway 9) and Hungund-Hospet section of NH13, are expected to generate a total revenue of at least Rs 1 crore on a daily basis.
While the Hyderabad-Vijayawada road is expected to generate revenue in the range of Rs 75-80 lakh per day, Rs 18-20 lakh would be collected through toll from the second road project.
With the commencement of these two projects, the Group has now a portfolio of eight operating highways, the company said in a statement.
The Hyderabad-Vijayawada four laning project was awarded through an international competitive bidding by NHAI on a design, build, finance, operate and transfer (DBFOT) basis with a concession period of 25 years including a construction period of 2.5 years.
Thus, the highway is expected to provide stimulus to the local pharma and cement industries apart from the local agricultural produce and poultry farms. The corridor shall play a vital role in the economic development of the region, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300