Govt approves stake sale in Hindustan Zinc, BALCO
New Delhi: The new government has approved the sale of its residual stakes in Hindustan Zinc Ltd and Bharat Aluminium Co (BALCO), Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Friday.
The government owns 29.5 percent of Hindustan Zinc and 49 percent of BALCO. Both the companies are majority owned by London-listed Vedanta Resources Plc .
In October, mining conglomerate Vedanta won the backing of its shareholders to offer up to $3.48 billion to buy the government`s stakes in the companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300