Govt gets Rs 1,516.17 cr from selling 5.82% stake in SAIL
New Delhi: The government has garnered Rs 1,516.17 crore from selling its 5.82 percent stake through the offer for sale (OFS) route in Steel Authority of India (SAIL) on March 22.
In an exchange filing Tuesday, the state-owned steel maker said that following the transaction in both BSE and National Stock Exchange, the government stake in the firm has come down to 80 percent from 85.82 percent earlier.
SAIL said government has sold 24,03,96,572 shares for a total consideration of Rs 15,16,17,27,862 crore. The sale thus came at a price of Rs 63.06 per share.
The government had 3,54,46,90,285 shares in the company before the OFS. Now, it has 3,30,42,93,713 shares in SAIL.
Shares of the company Tuesday settled at Rs 63.30 apiece, up 0.96 percent over the previous closing in the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300
- Maintaining accommodative stance but also vigilant, says Raghuram Rajan
- Tata Zica hatchback: You can can look forward to these 5 features
- Companies' hiring picks up pace; job prospects getting better for skilled talent in India
- Telephone exchange case: CBI starts quizzing Dayanidhi Maran
- New restructuring package for state discoms a positive: Fitch