Govt studying SC verdict in Vodafone case: Pranab
"We are looking into it," Mukherjee said on the sidelines of the 111th annual general meeting of the Bharat Chamber of Commerce.
Concerned over revenue implications of Friday's Supreme Court judgement, Mukherjee had held consultations with Law Minister Salman Khurshid and senior officials on the same day.
A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice S H Kapadia held that the IT department has "no jurisdiction" to levy tax on overseas transaction between companies incorporated outside India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300