Graft case: CBI files charge sheet against NALCO ex-CMD
New Delhi: CBI on Saturday filed a charge sheet against former Nalco Chairman cum Managing Director A K Srivastava for amassing assets worth Rs two crore which were more than his known sources of income.
In its charge sheet filed before CBI judge Talwant Singh here, the agency alleged Srivastava has amassed movable and immovable properties which were more than 201 percent above his known sources of income.
CBI sources said they have had found assets worth Rs two crore which Srivastava could not explain from his known sources of income.
Srivatava, his wife Chandani, middlemen B L Bajaj and Anita Bajaj were arrested on February 25 after CBI recovered about 10 kg of gold bricks and jewellery valued at around Rs 2.13 crore besides Rs 30 lakh in cash from their possession.
The agency has earlier filed two charge sheets against them in graft charges.
Regarding the role of wives of both the accused, the CBI said Srivastava and Bajaj had decided to deposit the gold through them in either of the lockers maintained at Shahjahan Road branch of Bank of Maharashtra and Mayur Vihar Phase-1 branch of Bank of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products