HDFC Bank's Q1 net profit rises 21%
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: HDFC Bank, country's second-largest private lender on Monday reported a 21 percent rise in the net profit for the first quarter of 2014-15.
The bank reported a net profit of Rs 2,233 crore for the quarter ending June 30 2014. Net interest income for the first quarter rose 17 percent year-on- year to Rs. 5171.6 crore.
Weaker economic expansion has squeezed credit growth for Indian lenders, slowing their earnings growth in recent quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300