Hindustan Unilever in pact to acquire Aquagel Chemicals
New Delhi: FMCG major Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) Thursday said it has inked a pact with promoters of Aquagel Chemicals Pvt Ltd to acquire remaining 74 percent stake in the company.
HUL already holds an investment to the extent of 26 percent of the equity share capital of Gujarat-based ACPL.
"...The company has entered into a share purchase agreement with the promoters of Aquagel Chemicals Pvt Ltd (ACPL) for acquisition of 74 percent of the equity share capital of ACPL," HUL said in a filing to the BSE.
The company, however, did not share financial details.
"Consequent to the acquisition of remaining 74 percent of the equity share capital, ACPL has become a wholly owned subsidiary of Hindustan Unilever Ltd with effect from April 1, 2013," the company said.
Shares of Hindustan Unilever Thursday closed at Rs 469.90 apiece on the BSE, up 1.68 percent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300