HPCL-Mittal shuts VGO unit at Bathinda refinery after fire
New Delhi: HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd, part owned by steel tycoon L. N. Mittal, has shut a vacuum gas oil unit on Friday after a fire at its 180,000 barrels per day Bathinda refinery, its managing director Prabh Das said.
"Only the fire-hit VGO unit has been shut, rest of the refinery is operating normally," he told Reuters, adding the unit will be restarted soon.
The fire has been contained and there were no casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products