ICICI Bank Q1 net profit up 17% at Rs 2,655 crore
Mumbai: The country's largest private sector lender, ICICI Bank, Thursday reported three percent rise in its consolidated net profit at Rs 2,832 crore.
On a standalone basis, the bank posted 17 percent rise in net profit at Rs 2,655 crore.
The Chanda Kochhar-led bank had reported a post tax net profit of Rs 2,274 crore in the corresponding period, it said in a statement.
During the reported quarter, the bank's total income increased to Rs 14,616 crore from Rs 12,904 crore in the year ago period.
Its operating profit was up 18 per cent to Rs 4,517 crore as against Rs 3,814 crore in the April-June period of last year.
The bank's total provisions were up 22.42 percent to Rs 726 crore as against Rs 593 crore in the same period year ago.
The bank's shares were trading 0.31 percent down at Rs 1,485 apiece during afternoon trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20