ICICI Bank to acquire Karnataka Bank?
New Delhi: ICICI Bank, India’s largest private sector bank may acquire Karnataka Bank, an old and listed private sector bank as per a newspaper report.
According to the Indian Express, ICICI has submitted a formal proposal to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to acquire Karnataka Bank. The paper has further reported that Kotak Bank too has interest in acquisition of the bank though the former has not submitted any formal proposal to the RBI.
However, none of the banks have affirmed to the queries relating to the acquisition bid, the paper said.
Stocks of ICICI bank closed at 1,060.00 on BSE Monday, up 0.66% as against its previous close. While Stocks of ICICI bank closed at 120.80 on BSE Monday, up 0.92% as against its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products