Jet Airways cuts fares by upto 50%; now, book ticket at Rs 2,250
Mumbai: Joining the low-fare war triggered by budget carrier SpiceJet last month, full service carrier Jet Airways Tuesday announced special fares as low as Rs 2,250 for a single journey across its domestic network.
The airline has put 20 lakh seats on over 450 daily flights across 57 destinations on sale, for six days effective Tuesday under the offer, a Jet press release said here.
Passengers purchasing these tickets can travel anytime upto December-end this year.
The airline has introduced four different slabs for these one-way fares, based on the travel distance and the fares are inclusive of all taxes, the release said.
"This nationwide low-fare sales offer is a goodwill gesture to our loyal guests who will now be able to plan and schedule their travel much in advance, especially during the holiday seasons, while benefiting from these special fares," Jet Airways Group Chief Commercial Officer Sudheer Raghavan said.
Under the offer, the fare up to 750 km is priced at Rs 2,250, while for 750-1,000 km it is Rs 2,850. Similarly, the fares for destinations between 1,000 and 1,400 km are pegged at Rs 3,300 and above 1,400 km destinations are priced at Rs 3,800, the airline said.
Earlier, SpiceJet had put 1 million seats on sale for Rs 2,103 apiece early January which generated a massive response from passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20