Jhunjhunwala hikes stake in Kesoram Industries to nearly 7%
New Delhi: Ace investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's wife Rekha has acquired 60 lakh shares in Kesoram Industries taking her shareholding in the B K Birla-promoted company to around seven percent.
The shares were acquired through rights issue. The company had recently offered its shareholders to buy additional shares in the ratio of 7:5 at Rs 65 apiece.
Through rights issue, a firm allows existing shareholders a right to buy additional shares in the company at a specific price.
Rekha Jhujhunwala had 15 lakh shares, amounting to 3.2793 percent stake in Kesoram Industries before the acquisition of shares, credited to her account on July 3.
Following the allotment of 60 lakh shares, Rekha owns 75 lakh shares or 6.8326 percent stake in Kesoram Industries which has interests in areas like cement, tyres and heavy chemicals among others.
Kesoram Industries' shares are listed on the BSE, National Stock Exchange and Kolkata Stock Exchange.
Company's shares were trading at Rs 68 apiece during the afternoon trade on the BSE.
As of March-end, promoters had 27.12 percent stake in the company and state-run insurer LIC had over 10 percent stake among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20