Kingfisher passengers in Dubai waiting for ticket refunds since 6 months
London: Refunds of tickets booked by passengers in Dubai with India’s crisis-hit Kingfisher Airlines have been pending for over six months now, according to a report.
The recent suspension of the ailing airline’s licence have hundreds of people making enquiries at Kingfisher’s office in Dubai and other travel agents, none of whom are able to give a solution to the troubled passengers.
Sources said that the refunds are pending not only in cases of those who had booked for international travel, but also those who booked within India, Gulf News reports.
According to the report, even though the airline’s website stated “all refunds would be credited back to the mode of payment within 48 to 72 hours from the time of cancellation,” only a couple of refunds have been processed and more than half remain pending for several months.
The suspension of the airline’s licence has triggered panic among passengers. While many thronged the airline’s office, others made desperate phone calls to travel companies who booked tickets on the flight, the report said.
“Some even got the police with them. But we really do not have any answer. The billing settlement plan (BSP) link has not been working and we have been communicating with the revenue section of the airline in India. But there is not much we can do,” an employee of the airline said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20