Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw is the new chairperson of IIM-B
Bangalore: India`s biotechnology queen Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw is the new chairperson of the prestigious Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore (IIM-B) as incumbent Mukesh Ambani of Reliance Industries stepped down.
"The Union Human Resources Development ministry has ratified late Tuesday the appointment of Shaw as the chairperson of the institute`s board of governors in place of Ambani," a spokesperson told IANS here Wednesday.
As the country`s biotech pioneer, 60-year old Shaw is chairperson of Biocon Ltd, an integrated healthcare firm, delivering bio-pharmaceutical solutions.
Ambani, who has been spearheading the institute since 2005, was re-appointed in 2010 as chairman of the institute`s board till 2015.
Ambani conveyed his decision to withdraw from the post at a board meeting here Feb 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20