Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: PepsiCo CEO and Chairman Indra Nooyi is the only Indian origin woman in Fortune's 51 Most Powerful Women list that is topped by Mary Barra, CEO and Chairman of General Motors.
Nooyi was ranked second on the list, same as 2015. In 2014, she was ranked third.
The list comprises 22 CEOs of major companies and many more corner office contenders across industries. The 2016 list has nine newcomers and one return candidate.
Check out the list of world's top 10 powerful women
1. Mary Barra –CEO and Chairman of General Motors
2. Indra Nooyi –CEO and Chairman of PepsiCo
3. Marillyn Hewson –CEO and Chairman of Lockheed Martin
4. Ginni Rometty –CEO and Chairman of IBM
5. Abigail Johnson –CEO and Chairman of Fidelity Investments
6. Sheryl Sandberg –COO of Facebook
7. Meg Whitman –CEO and President of Hewlett Packard Enterprise
8. Phebe Novakovic –CEO and Chairman of General Dynamics
9. Irene Rosenfeld –CEO and Chairman of Mondelez International
10. Safra Catz –Co-CEO of Oracle