L&T Hydrocarbon wins Rs 781-cr contract from ONGC
Mumbai: Larsen & Toubro Hydrocarbon has secured an offshore contract valued at Rs 781 crore from Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).
The contract, won against international competitive bidding, encompasses total 'EPCI' - Engineering Procurement Construction & Installation - of three wellhead platforms, spread over Heera and South Heera fields of the state-run exploration giant, a company statement said today.
The project, part of ONGC's strategy to re-develop Heera and South Heera fields off Mumbai coast to meet India's rising energy demands, is scheduled to be completed by April 2014.
These un-manned wellhead platforms will be connected with the nearby Heera process complex by subsea cables for remote operation, the statement said.
L&T has been serving the upstream hydrocarbon sector since the early 1990s. Recently, the engineering and construction conglomerate was awarded another contract from ONGC for three wellhead platforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300