Larsen and Toubro’s subsidiary Tamco Switchgear bags $85mn order in Qatar
Mumbai: Engineering major Larsen & Toubro (L&T) today said its Malaysian subsidiary Tamco Switchgear has bagged a USD 85 million contract from the Qatar General Electricity and Water Corporation.
Tamco will manufacture and supply 11kV vacuum circuit breakers (VCBs) over a two-year period to distribution stations across Qatar, the company said in a statement.
"We have had split orders for many projects in Qatar in the past. This complete order has come as a testimonial of customer's confidence in our medium voltage capability to meet the demands of large scale projects," Tamco Switchgear Chairman S C Bhargava said.
Tamco has supplied switchgear panels to many projects and national assets in Qatar including Lusail utility tunnels, Lekhwiya sports stadium, Khalifa stadium, Khalifa sports city ASEAN Games Village, Qatar Foundation and Doha west sewage water treatment plant, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300