LIC India sells 2.53% stake in Maruti Suzuki
New Delhi: The country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India on Tuesday said Life Insurance Corporation of India has sold 2.53 percent stake in the company over a period of almost six months.
Post-sale, LIC's stake in Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) has come down to 8.247 percent currently from 10.777 percent earlier, the auto maker said in a filing to the BSE.
LIC sold 62,23,598 equity shares, representing 2.53 percent, of MSI between November 21, 2012, and May 17 this year.
The public sector insurance provider, which is not a part of the promoter group of MSI, sold the shares through open market transactions, the filing said.
Before the share sale exercise, LIC owned 3,11,35,128 equity shares of MSI, which came down to 2,49,11,530 at present after diluting the said stake.
Shares of MSI were trading 1.77 percent down at Rs 1,711 apiece on BSE in the afternoon trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300