Lucknow, Dehradun Air India flight from May 2
Lucknow: Aimed at boosting tourism and better air connectivity to Uttarakhand, Air india would begin flight service between Lucknow and Dehradun from May 2, officials said Thursday.
Passengers seeking air travel between the two cities have to take the Delhi flight route as of now.
The new service will be operational for four days in a week and the flight would take 45 minutes to travel the distance between the two cities. The flights will operate for four days - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday in a week.
"All necessary arrangements and clearances have been done and we hope the new flight route will benefit the air passengers in this sector," Sujit Kumar, senior manager Air India told reporters.
Flight number FI-9615 will take off from Dehradun at 12:50 p.m. and reach Lucknow at 1:35 p.m., while the flight from the Uttar Pradesh capital (FI-9616) will take off at 2:05 p.m. and reach the Uttarakhand capital at 2:50 p.m.
The passenger fare of the new service is yet to be decided, officials informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300