Lupin gets USFDA nod for generic hypertension drug
New Delhi: Drug major Lupin Friday said it has received US health regulator's approval to market generic version of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp's Diovan HCT Tablets, a hypertension drug, in the American market.
Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc, a subsidiary of Lupin Ltd, has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets (HCT), Lupin Ltd said in a statement.
The Mumbai-based firm said it has already commenced shipping the product.
Lupin's Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets USP are indicated for the treatment of hypertension, to lower blood pressure.
According to IMS MAT Sept 2012 sales data, Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets had sales of around USD 1.7 billion in the US market.
The stock of Lupin Friday closed at Rs 627.85 per share on the BSE, up 0.75 percent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300