Mahindra Satyam begins construction of IT centre at Mihan
Nagpur: Leading global consulting and IT services provider Mahindra Satyam on Saturday announced commencement of construction of its IT development centre at MIHAN SEZ at a formal ceremony here.
The company is setting up 1000-seat capacity IT Development Centre at an initial investment of Rs 80 crore and first phase of which would be operational over the next 15 to 18 months.
Senior Vice President of the company, Shivanand Raja, said that "Expansion into tier-II cities is the logical expansion of our global delivery model that will augur well for our quest towards Mission 2015".
MIHAN or Multi-modal International Cargo Hub and Airport at Nagpur spread over 4354 hectares is perhaps the biggest development project currently underway in the country.
Software giants like TCS and Infosys are among the companies that are also setting up their facilities here.
Mahindra Satyam on Saturday said that it was also building additional development centres in Hyderabad, Chennai, Visakhapatnam and Bangalore and has earmarked Rs 800 crore investment for the same.
Mahindra Satyam is part of the USD 15.4 billion Mahindra Group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300