Maruti up on plan to seek approval for Gujarat plant
Mumbai: Shares of Maruti Suzuki India surged on Tuesday on plans to seek minority shareholder approval to set up a plant in Gujarat as a unit of Suzuki Motor Corp, after the proposed move drew opposition from the company`s leading institutional investors.
"Even though not required by law, the board decided, as a measure of good corporate governance, to seek minority shareholders` approval," the company said in a statement after a board meeting on Saturday.
Maruti stock was up nearly 8 percent at 9.32 a.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300