Microsoft profit dips following weaker Xbox sales
Washington: Microsoft Corp reported a dip in fiscal second-quarter profit, as weaker sales of its Xbox game system in the holiday quarter offset a solid start for its new Windows 8 operating system.
The world's largest software company reported profit of 6.4 billion dollars, or 76 cents per share, compared to 6.6 billion dollars, or 78 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter, Fox News reports.
Overall sales rose 3 percent to 21.5 billion dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300