Motorola holders approve acquisition by Google
Motorola, which was one of the two parts split from Motorola Inc, said that 99 percent of the shares that were voted, voted in favor of the USD 40 per share deal. The shares represented about 74 percent of the company's total outstanding shares.
In August, Google said it will buy the handset device manufacturer in its biggest deal ever, paying a steep premium of 63 percent.
Libertyville, Illinois-based Motorola's shares closed at USD 38.94 on Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange while shares of Google closed at USD 600.87 on Nasdaq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300