MRF Q2 Net jumps over 40% to Rs 210.61 crore
Chennai: Tyre major MRF Ltd on Thursday reported a 40.2 percent jump in its standalone net profit at Rs 210.61 crore for the second quarter ending March 31, 2013.
The company said its standalone net profit for the quarter ending March 31, 2012 stood at Rs 150.13 crore.
The city-based company follows October-September financial year period.
For the six month period ending March 31, 2013, the standalone net profit grew by 48.5 percent to Rs 390.83 crore from Rs 263.02 crore registered during the same period of the previous year, the company said in a BSE filing.
The company's Q2 standalone total income stood at Rs 2,906.30 crore as against Rs 2,992.80 crore registered during the same period of the previous year.
For the six-month period ending March 31, 2013, the company's standalone total income marginally grew to Rs 5,932.05 crore from Rs 5,868.29 crore registered during the corresponding period of the previous year.
Shares of the company were trading at Rs 12,768.95 apiece, up 3.76 percent over their previous close in the afternoon trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300