Mukesh Ambani meets Chidambaram, govt officials
New Delhi: Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani Monday met Finance Minister P Chidambaram and other top government functionaries.
Ambani also met Oil Secretary Vivek Rae and was scheduled to meet Law Minister Kapil Sibal later in the evening.
The visit came on a day when Supreme Court asked RIL along with the Government of India, Petroleum Ministry and Oil Minister M Veerappa Moily to respond to a petition challenging last month's decision to double gas prices to USD 8.4 per million British thermal unit.
Ambani was in the capital to attend a meeting of Prime Minister's trade and industry council and utilised the opportunity to also meet the government functionaries, said an official.
It wasn't immediately known what Ambani discussed with Chidambaram and other functionaries.
The Finance Ministry, in the aftermath of the Cabinet decision to double gas prices, had forwarded suggestions for capping the increase in the fuel price as also asking RIL to make up for the short fall in production during past three years at old rate of USD 4.2 per mmBtu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20