Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) chairman Mukesh Ambani has yet again topped Forbes’s annual list of India’s 100 richest tycoons.
Ambani, with a net worth of $22.7 billion, is followed by India’s richest pharmaceutical magnate, Dilip Shanghvi, with a net worth of $16.9 billion.
Forbes said the combined networth of India's 100 wealthiest is USD 381 billion (nearly Rs 25.5 lakh crore), a rise of 10 percent from USD 345 billion in 2015.
Mukesh Ambani's wealth rose in the past one year from USD 18.9 billion to USD 22.7 billion (over Rs 1.5 lakh crore) on 21 percent surge in share price of Reliance Industries, the flagship company of his group, which recently launched 4G mobile services with much fanfare. He was ranked 36th in the global rich list.
Younger brother Anil Ambani was ranked 32nd with a networth of USD 3.4 billion, down from 29th spot last year.
Here is the top 10 list of India's richest tycoons
1. Mukesh Ambani $22.7 Billion (RIL Chairman)
2. Dilip Shanghvi $16.9 Billion (Sun Pharmaceuticals owner)
3. Hinduja family $15.2 Billion (Hinduja Group)
4. Azim Premji $15 Billion (Wipro Chairman)
5. Pallonji Mistry $13.9 Billion (Shapoorji Pallonji Group Chairman)
6. Lakshmi Mittal $12.5 Billion (ArcelorMittal Chairman)
7. Godrej family $12.4 Billion (Godrej Group)
8. Shiv Nadar $11.4 Billion (HCL Chairman)
9. Kumar Mangalam Birla $8.8 Billion (Aditya Birla Group Chairman)
10. Cyrus Poonawalla $8.6 Billion (Poonawalla Group Chairman)