Nalco power plant gets energy management certification
Bhubaneswar: The Captive Power Plant of Navratna PSU National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) is the first CPSE Unit to be certified under Energy Management System.
Located adjacent to company’s Aluminium Smelter at Angul in Odisha, this 1200 MW Thermal Power Plant has been certified to the ISO 50001:2011 by M/s Det Norske Veritas (DNV), a company release said today.
NALCO has taken up several measures to protect the environment through pollution control, the release said.
The company has installed different projects at its Power Plant under Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) including Continuous Blow Down
(CBD) heat recovery system and a Pilot-cum-Demonstration Project for Carbon Sequestration by Algae for managing and storing of Carbon Dioxide, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300