NHPC posts Rs 311.77 crore quarterly profit
Mumbai: State-run hydro power producer NHPC on Tuesday reported a net profit of Rs 311.77 crore in the three-month period ended December 2012.
The company had a net profit of Rs 212.18 crore in the third quarter of last financial year, it said in a regulatory filing.
In the latest quarter under review, NHPC's total income climbed to Rs 1,199.39 crore from Rs 1,085.13 crore in the year-ago period.
"In view of the seasonal nature of business, the financial results of the current quarter may not be comparable with other quarters of the current financial year," NHPC said.
According to its website, NHPC is currently engaged in the construction of ten projects having a total capacity of 4,502 MW.
Shares of the company closed marginally lower at Rs 27.85 on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300