No product can succeed without a good design, says Mahindra
Ahmedabad: No product suceeds without a good design, chairman of the governing board of the National Institute of Design (NID) as well as Mahindra & Mahindra group CMD Anand Mahindra said here on Thursday, while delivering the presidential address at the NID's 33rd convocation.
"I do sense a change in attitude. Earlier, the focus used to be always on big things like infra projects, big bridges and flyovers. Today the agenda includes seemingly small but equally important projects," he said.
He said that design has started finding its importance not only in bigger projects but also in smaller ones like designs for a better looking bus stop, which can improve visual environment dramatically.
He also touched upon the issue of removal of bias in families to let their children pursue design.
There is a critical paucity of good design schools, and that is why NID has been given the mandate to set up four new institutes, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300