NTPC profit jumps 20% to Rs 2,498.67 cr
New Delhi: Bolstered by higher electricity generation, country's largest power producer NTPC Friday posted 20 percent rise in profit after tax at Rs 2,498.67 crore in April-June quarter, 2012-13.
The state-owned major had profit after tax of Rs 2,075.78 crore in the year-ago period.
NTPC said in a statement that its total income climbed to Rs 16,844.89 crore in the first quarter of current fiscal from Rs 15,167.89 crore in the Q1 of 2011-12 financial year.
"NTPC generated 58,878 million units of electricity from April to June 2012, an improvement of 7.83 percent over generation of 54,604 million units in the corresponding quarter of 2011-12," it noted.
In Q1, NTPC group has added 2,160 MW of new capacity -- achieving 52 percent of the target of 4,160 MW for the entire year.
The company shelled out Rs 3,978 crore towards capital expenditure against the target of Rs 3,967 crore in the three months ended June.
"The capex spend in this quarter is 83 percent higher in comparison to the corresponding period of the previous year. NTPC group incurred capex of Rs. 4,721 crore during Q1 of FY13," it added.
Currently, NTPC has an installed capacity of 39,174 MW with 16,000 MW under construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20