ONGC Assam Asset launches Project Agni
Guwahati: 'Project Agni', a fire safety campaign, has been launched by ONGC Assam Asset to sensitize people living in and around oil-field areas in the state.
This is the largest-ever campaign launched in Upper Assam by ONGC Assam Asset to create awareness on fire safety among people to ensure proper management of their health, safety and environment.
"Project Agni will go a long way in sensitising awareness on fire safety among the oil-field people, who are our partners in progress," ED-Asset Manager of ONGC Assam Asset Bimal Kumar Baruah said.
Fire Services, a major component of safety, has been asked to undertake not only safety precautionary measures in and around installations but also safety of the people living in the vicinity, he said.
In addition to its main objective of sensitizing villagers about various do's and don'ts regarding outbreak of fire, the campaign also aims at safety of ONGC pipeline with the cooperation of the local people.
The campaign also aimed at sensitising the women on how to deal with fire and precautions required to take since they are more prone to household fire accidents, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300