ONGC finalises Rs 8,000-cr surface facility revamping programme
Vadodara: Oil and natural gas major ONGC has finalised a Rs 8,000 crore surface facility revamping programme for its three onshore assets in Gujarat, a top company official has said.
The three onshore mature assets are Ankleshwar, Ahmedabad and Mehsana, ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Sudhir Vasudeva told reporters here yesterday.
Vasudeva said the project aims at replacing old pipelines and other surface infrastructure in the next three years.
The three mature assets contribute a little over one- fifth of ONGC's total domestic crude production, he added.
Vasudeva said some of these pipelines are three to four decades old and leakages are common, leading to operations as well as environmental concerns.
The company will also invest in expanding capacities of its effluent treatment plants of offshore assets, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300