ONGC to invest Rs 200 crore for exploration projects in Bihar
Kishanganj: The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) will invest Rs. 200 crores in two projects of oil and gas exploration in Bihar's Kishanganj district over the next three years.
This was announced by ONGC's Chief Engineer and Land Acquisition Officer D P Vishwas here Tuesday.
The company was finalizing an agreement to take six acres of land on lease in Gargaoin panchayat under Kochadhaman block and Korat Bangama panchayat under Bahadurganj block for the projects, Vishwas said.
The drilling for upto five kms underground will be carried out from April to explore oil and natural gas resources in the identified areas, the ONGC official said, adding that the construction of roads upto drilling sites has commenced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300