ONGC Videsh, GAIL eye UK's Cove Energy in $1.2 billion deal: Report
The deal is valued at over USD 1.2 billion, the Times of India said, citing sources briefed on the matter.
Both OVL and GAIL have concluded technical due diligence and are expected to place the financial bid soon, the report said.
Officials at GAIL and ONGC were not immediately available for commCove Energy, with a market value of about USD 977 million, put itself up for sale earlier in January.
Cove Energy, with a market value of about USD 977 million, put itself up for sale earlier in January.
The firm has an 8.5-percent stake in the Rovuma Area 1 offshore block in Mozambique with an estimated 30 trillion cubic feet of gas reserves.
Bharat Petroleum Corp and Videocon Industries Ltd own 10 percent stake each in the Rovuma block and the right of first refusal, the paper said.
The two firms are not exercising their rights to buy Cove Ennergy's stake in the Mozambique gas block, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300