Pepsi rolls out new shape bottle; first since 1997
New York: For the first time in about 17 years, Pepsi will be rolling out a new shape for its 567-gram bottle.
To be rolled out in April, Pepsi’s 16 oz. and 20 oz. plastic bottles have a contoured bottom half that appears easier for holding besides new graphics.
The change follows a number of splashy moves in the past year by PepsiCo to improve results for its namesake soda, including a multiyear deal to sponsor the Super Bowl halftime show and a wide-ranging deal with the pop star Beyonce.
PepsiCo Inc., based in Purchase, New York, has been working to revitalize the brand after losing market share to Coca-Cola Co. in recent years.
Pepsi last updated its bottle shape way back in 1997.
The new bottle shape will apply to Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max and Pepsi Next.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300