Pfizer posts net profit of Rs 52 cr in Q2
New Delhi: Drug firm Pfizer Thursday posted net profit of Rs 52.28 crore for the second quarter ended September 30.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs 46.99 crore during the corresponding period of previous fiscal.
Net sales of the company stood at Rs 246.16 crore during the second quarter ended September 30, 2012. It stood at Rs 271.82 crore during the same period of 2011-12 fiscal, Pfizer Ltd said in a BSE filing.
The company said the results for the quarter were not comparable to the same period of previous fiscal due to the sale of company's animal health business.
In a separate filing to the BSE, the company said its board has approved the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary Pfizer Animal Pharma Pvt Ltd to Pfizer Animal Health India Ltd, a 100 percent indirect subsidiary of Pfizer Inc, USA for Rs 471.60 crore.
Shares of Pfizer Thursday closed at Rs 1,134.10 crore on the BSE, down 0.90 percent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300