Power Ministry advises power cos to evolve CMP
Hyderabad: Ministry of Power has advised all the power companies in the country to evolve Crisis Management Plan (CMP) to effectively avoid disruption in generation, transmission and distribution of electricity.
Central Electricity Authority, in a communication to all states, said administrative response to crisis situations in the power sector has been by and large the responsibility of the concerned State/UT Governments.
"Intervention of the Central Government is sought in the case of crisis of large magnitude. It, therefore, becomes extremely important for all utilities of power sector to evolve CMP to formulate detailed guidelines to restore the generation, transmission and distribution of power in the affected areas in the shortest possible time," AS Bakshi, chairperson, CEA said in his letter.
The letter was issued after a meeting chaired by Secretary (Security), Cabinet Secretariat recently to monitor the preparation and updation of the contingency plan of Ministry of Power.
Accordingly, directions were given to issue suitable advisories to the State Governments for preparing State-level CMP Plans by all utilities of power sector in all the States/UTs.
"The regular updation and review of the CMP may be monitored periodically by the State Government," the letter added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20