Price hike issue does not figure in CIL board meeting
Kolkata: The issue of coal price hike did not figure in the CIL's board meeting on Wednesday, said company Chairman S Narsing Rao.
"There was no discussion about price issue in today's board meeting," Rao told reporters when asked about the possibility of coal price hike.
Rao, who till recently used to deny any move for coal price hike, only smiled and did not give any answer when asked about proposal of a coal price hike before March, 2013.
He, however, said that Coal India did not require any government approval for a price hike.
There had been cost pressure on Coal India Ltd (CIL) of around Rs 550 crore due to increase in diesel price last September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products