Price hike issue does not figure in CIL board meeting
Kolkata: The issue of coal price hike did not figure in the CIL's board meeting on Wednesday, said company Chairman S Narsing Rao.
"There was no discussion about price issue in today's board meeting," Rao told reporters when asked about the possibility of coal price hike.
Rao, who till recently used to deny any move for coal price hike, only smiled and did not give any answer when asked about proposal of a coal price hike before March, 2013.
He, however, said that Coal India did not require any government approval for a price hike.
There had been cost pressure on Coal India Ltd (CIL) of around Rs 550 crore due to increase in diesel price last September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300