Prohibitory orders imposed around Maruti-Suzuki plant
Gurgaon: Prohibitory orders were on Tuesday clamped around the Maruti Suzuki's Manesar plant which was rocked by violent labour unrest last week.
Gurgaon District Magistrate P C Meena promulgated Section 144 CrCP, banning assembly of five or more persons, with immediate effect in the IMT area where the plant is located and in a two km radius around it.
The orders, issued here today, also prohibited carrying of weapons like fire arms, swords, knives, cycle chains and lathis. Taking out any type of procession without prior permission of the administration has also been banned.
The violators would be liable to be prosecuted under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code.
The station house officer (SHO) of the area and police administration would be responsible for implementation of this order which would remain into force till further notice, an official spokesman said.
Awanish Dev, General Manager-HR, was killed and 100 others were injured in the violence at the car maker's Manesar plant on July 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300