Proposal cleared to confer Maharatna status on BHEL: Patel
Tiruchirappalli: The Committee headed by the Cabinet Secretary has cleared the proposal to grant 'Maharatna' status for Bharat Heavy electricals Ltd, Union Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Praful Patel has said.
The minister was speaking during a visit to the public sector giant's High Pressure Boiler Plant and the Seamless Steel Tube Plant (SSTP) here last night.
The Minister asked BHEL to look for new avenues for growth, including new business areas such as solar energy.
BHEL had a long and glorious tradition of contribution to the development of the nation and it is one of the finest companies in the world, he said while addressing BHEL employees.
The 49,000-strong technical and committed workforce of BHEL hailing from all parts of the country, was one of the biggest assets of the country, he said and expressed confidence that with its strong technical base and vast engineering skill, the company would shine despite the global economic slowdown.
Patel also visited the R&D facilities including the Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle demonstration plant.
At SSTP, the Minister inaugurated the charging of the rotary hearth furnace following the modernisation and capacity augmentation which had been trebled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20