Ranbaxy Q2 net profit at Rs 243.2 crore
New Delhi: Drug maker Ranbaxy Laboratories Friday reported a consolidated profit after tax (PAT) of Rs 243.2 crore for the second quarter ended June 30, 2011.
The company had a PAT of Rs 325.7 crore in the same period previous fiscal, Ranbaxy Laboratories said in a statement.
The company's consolidated net sales stood at Rs 2,059.3 crore for the second quarter ended June 30, 2011. It was Rs 2,095.3 crore in the same period last financial year.
Commenting on the results Ranbaxy Managing Director Arun Sawhney said: "We have consciously worked towards strengthening our base business on the one hand and successfully delivering on multiple first to file opportunities on the other."
Shares of Ranbaxy were trading at Rs 515.50 on BSE in late afternoon trade, down 3.43 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300