Ratan Tata meets Munda, discusses development
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda Friday met Tata group chairperson Ratan Tata and his deputy Cyrus Mistry to discuss future plans for development in the state, including a knowledge city.
"We want to be a partner of development in the state," Tata, who arrived here on a chartered plane with Mistry and met Munda at his official residence, told reporters.
"We spoke about partnership in the Information Technology sector and developing a knowledge city in the state," added Munda.
After the meeting, Tata went to the steel city Jamshedpur to attend a programme of Tata Steel.
Sources said the 12 million tonne-capacity greenfield steel plant, for which a memorandum of understanding was signed seven years ago, was also discussed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20