Reliance Jio Infocomm ropes in Sunil Dutt as President
New Delhi: Telecom operator Reliance Jio Infocomm has roped in Sunil Dutt, Blackberry's former head for India, as President.
"Yes, I have joined," Dutt confirmed, declining to provide additional details.
Dutt has over 30 years of experience in the technology industry.
Before serving as BlackBerry India Managing Director, Dutt was country head for Samsung India Electronics when the Korean company witnessed growth in its mobile devices business. Samsung's 'Next is What' campaign was launched during Dutt's tenure.
Dutt has also worked with computer maker HP, Nokia, Whirlpool and coffee chain Barista.
Reliance Jio, a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries Ltd controlled by Mukesh Ambani, has tied up with telecom companies including rivals Bharti Airtel and Reliance Communications to expedite the launch of 4G services.
The company plans to increase its total workforce to 10,000 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300