Reliance Power submits information on Sasan expansion to EAC
New Delhi: Reliance Power has submitted additional information on expansion of coal mining for its Sasan power project in Madhya Pradesh for obtaining environment clearance.
In its June 27 meeting to consider proposal for Moher and Moher Amlori coal mine capacity expansion, the Expert Appraisal Committee (EAC) had sought additional information from the company.
Reliance Power has submitted the requisite information sought by EAC, a source said.
EAC had sought additional information by July 2. A company source confirmed that the additional information sought by EAC has been submitted within the deadline by Reliance Power.
The proposal was for expansion of production capacity at Moher coal mine from 12 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) to 15 MTPA and that at Moher Amlori mine from 16 MTPA to 20 MTPA to feed the ultra-mega Sasan power project.
The EAC "after detailed deliberations, sought information for further consideration of the project," minutes of the June 27 meeting stated.
It asked Reliance Power to submit details of land use pattern covering total project area; total mining lease area; total forest land; total forest clearance obtained and balance forest clearance awaited in a tabulated form.
Reliance Power had in September 2012 started mining for coal for the 4,000 MW Sasan project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20